Sometimes after working out, all you want is a snack, because let’s face it, you are starving and you deserve something delicious to eat.
But then another problem comes up.
Exactly what should you eat?
One one hand, your body is demanding food. But on the other hand, you can’t just eat any food, because you still want to reap the benefits of all that exercise you just did!
We’ve got the solution to this problem. We’ve gathered a list of healthy and delicious recovery snacks that will nourish your body and give you all the nutrients you need to build muscle and strength!
Or, um, you could just hike up a volcano and roast your recovery snack right then and there… but we don’t advise it.
Eat one or eat them all (but not all at once)… this list will leave you totally satisfied.
- Greek yogurt: With double the protein of regular yogurt and berries that relieve the soreness in your muscles, this snack is almost too good to be true.
- Sandwich wraps/sandwiches on whole grain bread: Whole grains are packed with carbohydrates that will give you more energy to last you throughout the rest of the day.
- Whole grain cereal: No wonder college kids love it. Cereal works great as a snack any time of the day, and you can get a nice amount of carbs, fiber, and dairy.
- Chocolate milk: Ever see some runners chugging some chocolate milk after a particularly long run? It’s filled with carbs, protein, and calcium that help your muscles rebuild themselves.
- Bananas and nut butter: More carbs! More potassium! And best of all, more healthy fats. All of which provide you with more muscle-building power and energy.
- Healthy smoothies: You already know our opinion on recovery smoothies. All the nutrients you need in one convenient drink! Check out one of our favorite smoothies right here.
What are your go-to snacks? Feel free to share them in the comments!