The day when family members are pitted against family members, bets are made, dozens of chicken wings are consumed, and calories don’t count.
The Super Bowl.
Yes, 12 weeks of football have led up to this moment. And in between arguments about which Super Bowl commercial is the best, you’re sure to get hungry.
With that in mind, why not try out this super colorful twist on a 7 layer dip, brought to you by Ali from Gimme Some Oven?
There’s something in this dip to please even the pickiest eaters, and it’s definitely going to disappear before halftime. Better hurry and scoop yourself some of this deliciousness! But not too fast, like this guy…
To quote the guy in the video, “That was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen!”
So let that serve as a warning. Don’t be dumb. Make this dip. And make a lot of it. (Oh, and Ali recommends using a shallow serving pan so you can scoop up every single layer!)
Check out the recipe:
7 LAYER DIP
PREP: 25 MIN COOK: 0 MIN TOTAL: 25 MIN
YIELD: 10-12 SERVINGS
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream (2 cups)
- ¼ cup (1 packet) Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Old El Paso refried beans
- 3 cups freshly-made guacamole
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sliced (drained) black olives
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced green onions
- ¼ cup fresh roughly-chopped cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and taco seasoning until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Spread the refried beans out in an even layer in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer the guacamole in an even layer on top of the beans, followed by a layer of the sour cream mixture, then the cheese, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and green onions. Then sprinkle the cilantro evenly on top of the green onions.
- Serve immediately with chips for dipping. Or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Enjoy, and let us know what you think in the comments!